Tuesday, August 24

Birthday weekend and the power of good food.

Last Saturday was my twentieth birthday, and it felt like any other day...


I think twenty is that median age where you surely have passed the teen-age and feel like you've been such an "adult" for a what have seemed to be a lengthy two years but not quite at the age where everything is available to you (mostly getting into some sweet concerts but happen to be at bars where the minimum age limit is 21, and of course...having a horizontal driver's license lol).
But of course, I am relieved to be rid of my teen years and anxious to start living a life that I can create, so happy content birthday to me.


Edwin and I had planned on celebrating out birthdays together (his was the very next day) a little differently...
We went out for breakfast both days and enjoyed some special treats.
After cruising down Central avenue, we came across Hob Nobs coffeehouse, a wonderfully renovated old- world house into modern day cafe.
Oatmeal and strawberries from HN's.

I have been dying to try this place all summer and we finally got around to it.
Nobs has amazing breakfast items and believe it or not, pizza that tastes like a slice of warm, handmade heaven.
We loved it so much, that we came back the next day for Edwin's birthday...and the next day for my second day of classes.

The waiters and cashier were probably surprised we weren't there again this week.









Needless to say, Hob Nobs is perfecto.
The rest of the weekend was spent with good friends and loved ones, and received some beautiful gifts.
It couldn't have been better.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment