Sunday, February 20

vintage polaroid

IMG_5874

So excited to finally share my newest addition to my collection of gadgets (and vintage goods for that matter!)
I used this beautiful vintage Polaroid Sx-70 for an early Valentine's Day breakfast with Edwin last weekend, snapshots of the polaroids we took shall come soon!

Edwin got this camera for me for Christmas a few months ago, and Valentine's Day I was finally able to take it out on the town :)

IMG_5868

After asking him enough times, he revealed that he found it in a little antique shop in downtown Glendale, AZ. It came with a lovely (and original) leather Polaroid bag! Stocked with a macro lens, flash, flash diffuser, and an accessories holder.
He know's me so well, and remembered that I have been wanting some sort of instant
camera.

IMG_5872

IMG_5875

Part of the reason why it took me so long to finally use my new camera, is because film is very hard to come by and is usually pretty expensive. But luckily I finally found some beautiful new film by a company named The Impossible Project. The prints so far have come out great, and I can't wait to share more with you!
Here's some sample prints of the film I bought from Impossible's website:

push_outdoor

push_indoor

The shades of color are so lush and pretty, definitely excited to get another set of film!

IMG_5871

Did I also mention that it's a collapse-able camera?!
Love it.



Do you like taking photos?
What kinds of cameras make you weak in the knees?

5 comments:

  1. Diana, I love that camera - so jealous. I've always wanted a polaroid. That looks like a beautiful set, I'm looking forward to seeing some of the prints you get from it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an awesome camera! You're very lucky to own it! Also, I noticed you have a link to my cousin's blog, calivintage. Do you know her?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Molly- Will definitely share my future prints! And I had been wanting one for so long as well.

    thriftology- Thanks! And no, I don't know her personally but I am an avid reader and fan of her blog! What a small world that she's your cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful camera. I always go to thrift stores in search of cameras. I found one that Idk if its in working condition yet but can't wait to find out. It's a canon from the 70's Anyways, found your blog! I had one that was personal but decided to make a new one that's all about the upcycling crafts that I do either by myself or with the kiddos. Here is the link:
    http://mommyandalina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nilmary! You're so lucky to have found that sweet sounding Canon!
    I hope it does work, and gives you beautiful prints :)

    BTW;
    You and Alina are adorable, so wonderful that she's fond of recycling!

    ReplyDelete